Let’s go straight to the point. You want to learn how to save a WhatsApp status update without asking the person who posted it to send it.
Follow the following steps, and if lost, watch the video. This has only been proven to work on Android phones. Apple users might run into a bit of a complication. It’s not my fault you prefer Eve’s bitten fruit to a sinless robot(if you don’t get the joke, move on).
WhatsApp temporarily stores status updates on your own phone once you view them. They however disappear after 24 hours if you don’t move them out of the folder it is downloaded in. To find the folder,
1. Navigate to your phone’s internal memory, using a file manager.
2. Open the folder named WhatsApp. If you don’t find the folder in your phone’s internal memory, you can check you SD Card memory. Sometimes, even though that is rarely the case, your WhatsApp files are stored in the memory card. Follow the same process once you find the WhatsApp folder.
3. Open the media folder inside WhatsApp folder.
4. Now using your options menu, select “show hidden files”.
On my android Oreo powered device it just looks like an eye at the bottom of the screen. On earlier devices you have to go into folder options as shown below
to see the ‘show hidden files’ option.
5. Once you enable the option, you would see a hidden folder faintly described as “.Statuses”.
In there are all the statuses of everyone you have viewed. Copy them out of that folder to save them, as leaving it in the folder would make it disappear after 24 hours. Now you can annoy people the more by viewing their statuses and not just ignoring it but stealing it almost immediately. Now you can be the funny girl/guy with the funny videos on WhatsApp.
Tutorial Video, if the text wasn’t simple enough.